11.18.2008

Flowers, Letters, Dancing, and Derek/Joni

Today I just felt like writing on my blog about everyday life. First of all, the flowers above were from Trent. The other day he showed up with flowers on my doorstep. What a great boyfriend!

Lately I have had the pleasure of receiving letters and gifts in the mail by my grandmother. My grandmother and I are a lot alike so it is fun to read what she has to say to me. The most recent letter was about trusting God and putting our lives into His hands. My favorite line is "I always think that if you have your lover and your family, what else do you need?" How funny is it that my grandmother used the word "lover." A few days ago, she sent me homemade suckers in the mail. She is so thoughtful.

Last night was my neighbors birthday party and ...... I danced. If you know me well enough then you know what that means. It had been a long time since I put it out there and danced my heart out. From the mouth of Trent: "I didn't know you liked it so much" and "You can just keep going, can't you?" Well, yes I like it that much and I can dance all night long. That is why I don't get started....because I just can't stop. It was so much fun. All night I kept thinking about dancing with Jen, Leah, and Jon at Leah and Jon's wedding. We danced to Thriller. I miss you guys.

A big CONGRATULATIONS to Derek and Joni who got engaged!!!!! Tonight we went out to celebrate at Morton's Steakhouse. The steak was fantastic and the company irreplaceable. Derek and Joni's story is wonderful. They were good friends for a long time and then one day decided to date and walla here they are. They have been such good friends to Trent and I. They will be very missed when they move back to Las Vegas.


This is a picture of Derek and Joni's first "real" date. I was so happy to have been there.

7 comments:

Doctor said...

Nice flowers!

Thanks Mandy! That picture of the Tranisons is great. Can you send me the full-sized version? I don't think I have that one.

Melissa said...

You are like the dancing queen. I miss going dancing with ya, especially to boat dances!

Jen said...

Ah, Mandy dancing...that is one of my favorite past times! I think Jon & Leah have a video of you dancing at their wedding - we should break that out and watch it. I hear it is pretty good!
Miss you too!

shauna said...

those suckers your grandma sent wouldn't happen to be those famous clove suckers you used to bring in Jr.High. would they?

shauna said...

those suckers your grandma sent wouldn't happen to be those famous clove suckers you used to bring in Jr.High. would they?

Alysha said...

Everyday life is where it is really at! Family, lovers, and friends are fabulous! And amen on dancing the night away! I need to go do that again!

Mandy said...

Shauna,

Yes!!! I can't believe you remember those suckers. My grandmother still makes them every year and sends them to me.