6.07.2010

Bowen-Jensen Roadtrip

Over Memorial Day weekend, Trent and I had a great visit from my parents and younger brother. It had been a year since seeing my parents so I was beyond excited for their visit. My parents have seen all the D.C. sites so we thought we would take a little roadtrip with them.


Boston was the ticket. We loaded up the car for an eight-hour trip and we were off. Our first day in Boston was spent in Beacon Hill and then on to the Freedom Trail.

Beacon Hill



Boston Commons
After we rode the swan ride in Boston Commons we found this Memorial Day exhibit

Classic

Saw some tombstones

State Capitol

My dad buys some grapes at the outdoors market

Yum!!!  Canolli at Mike's Pastry was worth the wait.

Lexington and Concord

The next day was spent in Concord and Lexington and then a quick jaunt to Salem. The best part of the day was at the Old North Bridge, which was the site of the shot heard around the world.



This is the home of the founder of Concord, Reverand Bulkley - Trent's great-great-great-great grandfather (or something like that).

The Jensens' at the Gallows in Salem

The next day was spent in Cape Elizabeth, Maine. We visited a lighthouse and during our visit Trent and I were asked to take some pictures for a local jewelry store. It took a few minutes and they gave us two $25 gift cards. We were so excited! Then it was off for lobster at a lobster shack that overlooks the ocean. The lobster came out and my mother, father, and Trent started the long process of breaking the shell. I was quite amused.


Aww...
Awwww....  happy one year anniversary my love!

Mom and I spent some time collecting sea shells.



Drive Back Home

I heard about this old village in the woods that had been abandoned long ago.  We had to pull off the interstate, drive down a lane, and then walk down an old road in the woods.  Some people say that it is a little person village but it did not seem that way when we made the hike through the Connecticutt woods to find this gem.


This looks like a small home.


Another small roof structure

The trip was wonderful!!! Thanks to my family for the visit and the adventures.

1 comment:

Kaylyn said...

I love the Jensens! I am glad you had a fun trip!!