Tonight a huge group of LDS singles made their way the D.C. mall for the screening of Wait Until Dark with Audrey Hepburn. It was such a treat!! Every once in a while I would take my eyes off the screen and appreciate the Capitol Building in front of me and the Washington Monument behind me. It is moments like this that make me think that I could never leave D.C.
The movie itself was great. If you have not seen this movie then you should. My favorite part of the evening was during the scariest part of the movie. Jenell and I were so scared that we jumped back so far that it felt like we would do a back flip. We laughed so hard....and so did everyone around us.
There is some strange tradition that as the movie starts everyone stands and dances for a half a minute.
3 comments:
I thought those longing looks and mysty-eyed moments were because of my presence, in fact it made me almost say, "I'm over here," but after reading your blog entry I admit I too was caught up in the scene of the pristine Capitol rotunda.
The memo is still at 2 entries...
I only wish I could have been there to see the majesty for myself.
Daniel: I am always mysty-eyed in your presence.
Memo 3: Pick up the phone and ask a girl out on a friendly, no pressure date. The 3 P's are applied: paid for, planned, and paired-off.
Peter: I love you and wish you were there too. It was majestic. You are majestic.
Post a Comment