10.25.2007

The Karate Kid and the Men of 3076

Last night the wonderful men of Melrose 3076 held a showing of The Karate Kid. I decided that I would attend because I love these guys. I was not too excited about the movie. Before any of you get upset, I will admit I had forgotten the beautiful story that is The Karate Kid. By the end of the movie, I had misty eyes and I was punching my fist to the sky in victory.


Here are some of my favorite quotes from the movie:
Kreese: We do not train to be merciful here. Mercy is for the weak. Here, in the streets, in competition: A man confronts you, he is the enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy.

Kreese: This is a karate dojo, not a knitting class. You don't come into my dojo, drop a challenge and leave, old man. Now you get your boy on the mat, or you and I will have a major problem.

Kreese: But if you don't show, it's open season on him... and you.

Daniel: You're the best friend I've ever had.
Miyagi: You... pretty okay, too.

My favorite........
Tommy: Must be take a worm for a walk week.

A lesson for us all......
Miyagi: You remember lesson about balance?
Daniel: Yeah.
Miyagi: Lesson not just karate only. Lesson for whole life. Whole life have a balance. Everything be better. Understand?

I loved the movie almost as much as I love the men of 3076. They have all been terrific friends. Here is a brief sampling of why they are so wonderful: they give such warm welcomings, love BYU, make everyone laugh, write great comments on my blog, are protective of their female friends, are genuine, and Dan is the greatest home teacher in the ward.

A Tribute to the Men of 3076


Public Service Announcement #51: If you would like to know more about karate click here http://www.wikihow.com/Teach-Yourself-the-Basics-of-Karate

6 comments:

Peter said...

Mandy, I love you. I am calling the HVAC guy Tom to get the temperature right. Quite possibly the best blog post ever. That video rocks!

Daniel said...

I am speechless. It has been raining for three days - and once again we have been showered with praise and accolades.

We couldn't have done it without Mandy.

Daniel: Hey, you got a name?
Ali: Ali... with an I. Hey, what's your name?
Daniel: Daniel... with an L.

Mary said...

they are pretty ok.

Brian said...

Mary: I am going to assume that "pretty ok" is the highest form of compliment that you can muster.
After watching that slide show everyone should be convinced that those guys are "pretty ok" and then some.

Tina said...

Well, I think the boys in 3076 are GREAT, but I also think all of my daughter’s friends are GREAT. Thanks for being there for her. You all are FANTASTIC.

Matt Phillips said...

I had no idea I was included in this tribute. I like how there are no pictures of me with the other roommates. Outcast?