1.13.2008

Kim's 1978 birthday party!!!

Millie, Kim, Jordana, me

Happy Birthday, Kim!!!
In order to celebrate Kim's 30th birthday we threw a 1978 themed party. Jordana decorated the house with streamers and balloons perfectly placed. The food consisted of a poppy seed cake, a chocolate cake, Parmesan cheese fondue (so 70's), and other snacks. I made a CD filled with hits of 1978 that included: Disco Inferno, Boogie shoes, some Abba song, and Wonderful Tonight (that truly described Kim.)
***********************
I am was impressed with how many people dressed up and the quality of their costumes. Kim found a fetching dress at the Salvation Army, the Davies made a smash as a 70's couple, Maggie was a go-go dancer, and Trent, Ben, and Wayne looked sharp in their 70's suits. Peter and Dan showed up at the party wearing normal clothing. However, they soon shed their shirts to reveal their highly anticipated t-shirts with the men from Star Wars as the Players Club. I had two different costumes to choose from so I did the sensible thing: made a costume change in the middle of the party. I first started out with the yellow, polyester suit that mother sewed back in 1973. Then I changed into the green paisley print pants...yes...they are pants. Each pant leg can be stretched out two feet!!! REALLY Mom, you wore these?!? Thank you for keeping them.
***********************
As the party winded down, a group of us decided to go to Ihop. We made quiet the scene with our costumes. Here were some of the reactions we received: 1. Complete shock with their mouth hanging open 2. Complete disgust with a look that said "What the? 3. This was heard regarding my yellow pant suit "Bright as the sun. Wanna have some fun?" 4. Our waiter did not even notice that we were dressed funny. What a great night!! What a great celebration for the wonderful Kim Summers!!!


YMCA * Ashley, me, Maggie

Chris and Melissa voted cutest couple * Millie with the Players Club

Ben was voted "tightest male pants" * Trent was voted "2nd tightest male pants" * Mary and I
Wayne, Emily, Mary, Janine, me, and Trent all strike a pose before heading to the Ihop

Public Service Announcement # 75: Hey, the 70's called and want their clothes back http://www.ehow.com/how_2071922_dress-1970s-party.html

3 comments:

Kaylyn said...

I am really sad that we missed this party...it looks like we missed a seriously good time! Oh well, hopefully next time!

Mary said...

Bright as the sun, wanna have some fun?

Peter said...

I like the fact that I look like a giant in that picture.