6.06.2008

Night at the Airport

I am stuck at the Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport for the night.

It's not that bad. Most of my needs are taken care of. The airport gave me a soft, burgundy cot and when I asked for a blanket and pillow, they said "let me get on that." Ten minutes later I had my very own blanket and pillow.

I thought, Hmm...I am hungry. What?!? There is a 24 hr. McDonald's here? Great. I walked down there with my cot in hand. I ordered my two favorite nighttime treats: ice cream and orange juice. If I can not sleep by 3:oo am then I will go back for the apple pie.

I made my way up to the quiet sitting area and created a safe haven. I laid down my cot and surrounded myself with chairs. I feel pretty safe.

I also have three of my favorite pastimes: the Internet, books, and people watching. Currently I am situated next to a Italian family that does not speak any English. They have the cutest little girl that keeps staring at me and the smiling. My other neighbor is a nice German lady. I am going to wake her up in the morning.

Not to mention that I was able to brush my teeth, wash my face, take out my contacts, and change into my pajamas.

There are a few downsides: the lights are bright so I probably will not sleep and those darn airport announcements. Don't we all know by now that we should not accept packages from someone or report unaccompanied packages or luggage?

The only thing that would make this better would be to have someone to share my ice cream.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

well, I got to hand it to you for being optimistic. At least that's a nice airport too, right?

I'd eat ice cream with you if I could :)

Mary said...

Mandy... there are too many things to say... I have to call you! Which leads me to say- why didn't you call me? We could have had one heck of a laugh over the phone about this!

Kaylyn said...

You may be one of the only people to find so many great things about being stuck in the airport for a night. You are my hero!! Please, we need to see each other soon!

Kristin said...

I'm so sorry that you got stuck in an airport, but I just found something that is going to make your day!

http://www.honfest.net/

That's right, B'more HonFest . . . get in on it.

Daniel said...

Remember when we used to be friends?

Daniel said...

Remember when we used to be friends?