10.06.2008

Uta Becomes an Environmentalist

It is apple picking season again. I love this tradition that I have made in my life. This year we went to the same orchard as last year. It was a beautiful crisp morning. You could practically smell fall. While I was in the orchard, I had some great time to separate from the rest of the group (okay I got lost). I walked down an old dirt road surrounded by trees. I followed all the signs pointing me to the Pumpkin Patch. As I found the pumpkin patch, I became so excited for fall! I guess that feeling stuck with me because that night I baked 2 apple pies, pumpkin-chocolate chip cookies, and banana bread. It was a great evening.

As we were standing in line to pay, I saw the following sign:


Wait a minute. Isn't Uta the same person that was telling us last year about how organic fruits were a crock. She filled our heads with ideas of how we need pesticides. She did not sound very green back then. Uta has become an environmentalist.

1 comment:

Cam said...

What apple orchard do you go to? You have inspired me. I need to go.