6.18.2007

Reasons to Elope

Congratulations to my brother Justin and my new sister-in-law Amber!!!

Saturday was my younger brother's wedding. It was held in a beautiful rose garden. The roses were in full bloom and the aroma was divine. My brother looked handsome in his tux and Amber was absolutely breathtaking. My little nephew, Collin, was the ring bearer and, in his words, he looked "fancy." The ceremony was simple and sweet. As the ceremony was taking place, I glanced around the gazebo and noticed my family and family friends watching on. I was touched by the support and love surrounding these two young people. Of course, tears welled up in my eyes as I thought about how much I love my brother and my family.

It was a beautiful day but there is so much work that goes into a few hours of your life. And something always goes wrong. So I have developed a few reasons to elope to the temple. Yes.....these all happened.

1- You don't have to worry about anyone being late.
2- It doesn't matter if the alterations business "forgets" to finish your bridesmaids dresses and hands them to you on the day of your wedding and says they are finished.
3-Less amount of money goes into eloping than a full-blown wedding.
4- No worries about the music, setting up, and decorating.
5- Way less decisions to make.
6- You don't have to invite those people that your parents know but you do not.
7- You don't have to finish a gazebo for a reception.
8- You don't have to use your daughters vacation time as free labor. --- Just joking mom....I love pulling weeds.
9. We don't have to have the talk, again, about my mother's need to delegate.
10. Your parents do not, I said do not, show up on your honeymoon or make a reservation in the same hotel as you.

But.....alas.....we all know that I too will want the fairytale. Or maybe just a condensed version of it.

The Rose Garden

Collin and Carlee, my nephew and niece


Public Service Announcement #7: If you would like an intimate wedding gathering click here: http://www.wikihow.com/Have-a-Small-Private-Wedding

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope I still get to make your cake!!!!!


Loves ya!

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

It won't take much convincing to get me to elope... any takers?