Arco, Idaho is a great place, full of wonderful treasures to be found. As a child there was no entertainment, so you had to use your imagination. I spent my summer days riding bikes, hiking, running through the sprinklers, and making home videos with my friends (a few of you have had the privilege of viewing those.)
However, when I entered my adolescence I noticed the strange things about my hometown. First, it is small with only 1,026 people. This made it impossible to get away with skipping school, dating people you witnessed eating playdough in elementary school, and go through your "ugly stages." A few of the other strange things are best described by the following photos.
My nephew, Collin, wanted to blog a little. The translation is in parenthesis.
gygfyydgyygagfsgffafVV (animals)
ddsdaccczzfdxdfssdfdsddsddhgfggdgthhdgdggdggdgfhglhllh (Mandy)
rrtrtrttyyytytyttuyjthtkltitiiii6i6i6oo6ooyyoyohotototr9ou (Cars)
rddddddddddddddtttdtdtdttdtdttdtgdgchrfhhgjhjjjjjjgjtggjgggngn (Curtains)
rfrffffrrff (jammies)
Yes, it is a submarine. Yes, it does have the numbers 666. And yes, it is a monument in Arco.
Public Service Announcement #8: If you would like to be a tourist in your own town click here: http://www.ehow.com/how_4536_vacation-own-town.html
11 comments:
A few thoughts about your post... particularly relating to the photos shared. Apparently, the Arco area has more then meets the eye.
1.) Note the first photo of Arco boasting its power source is indeed taken at the Recreation Hall.
2.) Nice picture of the submarine... did you know that Ben Bulloughs dad was a submarine commander... and now Ben is secretly serving our country... coincident? The analogy could reach further, but the obvious tie to the devil and deceit is clear.
3.) Circle the word below that does not fit:
Pizza
Subs
Icecream
Trading-post
Now, I did score exceptionally well on the Critical Reading portion of the SAT, but this should read “Cosa Nostra Family Run Business” to others as well.
4.) Is it me, or does that giant cowboy look suspiciously like John Gotti?
5.) The patriotic mailbox is priceless. Again, is it just me, or does that man on top of that there horse look suspiciously like Ben Bulloughs dad?
Mary,
I will not confirm or deny any links between Arco, ID and Ben Bollough's family. If I did confirm, I would surely be placed within the witness protection program funded by Canada for those citizens that outed US operatives. Therefore....no comment.
So, ddsdaccczzfdxdfssdfdsddsddhgfggdgthhdgdggdggdgfhglhllh,
When you get home, how 'bout I pick you up in my rrtrtrttyyytytyttuyjthtkltitiiii6i6i6oo6ooyyoyohotototr9o. Then, we could act like gygfyydgyygagfsgffafVV and make rfrffffrrff out of your rddddddddddddddtttdtdtdttdtdttdtgdgchrfhhgjhjjjjjjgjtggjgggngn.
(I think I will forever refer to you in text as "ddsdaccczzfdxdfssdfdsddsddhgfggdgthhdgdggdggdgfhglhllh.")
The mountain man bears a striking resemblance to Daniel Nelson with moustache. I am sure he is the inspiration. Matt's message made me laugh. I'm afraid that despite my wittiest efforts that I may not win the prize.
Come Home!
Where's the bus?? THE BUS!!!!
Trent,
I know that the bus is a popular item. I need to make a special visit to the local "dump" in order to get that photo since that is where they store the bus.
I especially love that you are saluting by the patriotic mailbox.
When can I come and visit Arco? If I come, can I have my picture taken for the Arco Advertiser?
I miss you Mandy!! Come back to us!
Am I the only one concerned that the Mountain Man's belt knife is just about as big as the rifle? Or is that a walking stick?
Mandy! How dare you show our videos to people!! I made a complete idiot of myself in those! Please tell me the spice girls was not one you've allowed to be viewed! You really need to travel to Carrie Hot Springs and take a picture for all your friends- I'm sure they'd be impressed that anyone could ever actually enter something so terribly disgusting!
Heather,
No worries....no one has or will see spice girls. It is buried away in my memory. And yes.... there is so many more pictures that I could show. Isn't it wonderful?
Post a Comment