I love walking around the National Mall and looking up to a sky that is dotted with bright-colored, large and small kites. My favorite activity at the Kite Festival is the Rokkaku Challenge -10+ kites fighting till there is one winning kite, flying triumphantly in the sky. This year was exceptionally exciting since there was a sudden death round to determine the winner. The winner was the Bike Rack kite. I was voting for the Mona Lisa Kite but it went into a tail spin dive with the Cat Kite. They spiralled down together and then CRASH!!! Every once in a while one kite would be cut free and would float away and free fall into the crowd. Everyone cheered, but I think our group was the loudest with our "oohs and aahs" and Trent yelling at the Scream kite "Get in the game, Scream."
Mona Lisa and the Cat in their tail spin to the ground.
I loved this picture of the sun.
Public Service Announcement # 92: THIS IS THE BEST: CHECK IT OUT: Learn to fly a kite here.
5 comments:
Trent definitely had the best line. Great video. Smithsonian rules!
The joy on Jamison's face is worth the price of admission, although the Smithsonian usually offers fun free of charge.
That was so much fun to watch! I felt like I was part of the competition and I felt so emotionally involved. I would get angry inside when my kite was taken down.
Oh, i wish I could have been there too! You don't even know, I've been telling jon I want to go fly kites for like a month now. Tea parties, picnics and kite flying = Spring for me.
you and your amazing videos! I am just sad that I didn't get in on this one!
Post a Comment