Every year the D.C. temple visitors center holds the Festival of Lights. It is the East Coasts version of the Salt Lake City temple lights. It is not as grand as the SLC lights but it is still wonderful. It is a great way for DC metro area to understand more about the LDS faith and to enjoy the Christmas season with lights and daily musical performances. As I drove up to the temple yesterday, I could not help but get excited as I saw the bright temple pop into my view through all the trees. The outdoor Christmas lights were amazing, the decorated trees inside the temple visitors center were beautifully decorated, the musical performances were entertaining but still the crowning jewel was the temple. As I sat and watched the people react to the Festival of Lights, I noticed how they all were drawn to viewing the temple. Everyone would take picture after picture and marvel at the sight of the temple.At the temple, I was able to meet Kristin, my old roommate from Baltimore, and some other friends from Baltimore. I just love meeting up with Kristin. She is one of those people that when you see you don't just hug them, instead you hold them and your heart is filled with great appreciation for who they are. It was a wonderful night full of appreciation for friendships, temples, and Christ. I believe last night was my own personal "Welcome to the Christmas season."
Public Service Announcement # 64: Need ideas to get into the Christmas spirit? click here
7 comments:
Yeah, I was going to post this over at the Michael Jackson fansite... but I figured since both of you had the same initials, I'd just LAY THIS DOWN RIGHT HERE.
First of all, Human Nature is the best song ever. Don't believe me? How about you listen to Quincy Jones? He says it has the "prettiest melody that they had heard by far". Not only that, the man gets goosebumps when he listens to it. Do you even know who Quincy Jones is?!
And for you people still listening to Billie Jean, why don't you just hit the next track for a real song? Or are you still listening to this on cassette? You probably are. But that's not the lest of your problems. You probably think Bad was his best album. Guess what? It's Thriller.
Let me break it down for you. You don't just listen to Human Nature. You feel Human Nature. You ARE Human Nature. You know that part at the end, where he's so overcome with emotion that all he can say is "sha sha sha sha sha sha sha sha." If Michael can't even handle it, I know you can't. Ohhhhh, seven.
In case you still don't believe me, I got this fresh from Wikipedia: "After singing the recognisable chorus line 'Oh whyyyy oh whyyyy' twice, Michael would then pause for a brief moment in a position with his right hand up and his legs slightly leaning towards his left. During the song's closing instrumental, Michael would then perform various quick moves and steps, followed by a mix of robotic moves, a static Moonwalk and then turning his back to the audience, creating the image of him walking away into the night."
A mix of robotic moves!!!11!!!!! You gotta be kidding me. You aren't into that?!
Well, the gig is up. There will be no more playful lyrical tension. And whatever song you're into - good luck seeing it go #1 in the new year! You can try laying down your own funky fresh beats, but when you screw that up (and you will) here's some advice 4EVAH: Beat It.
Why did I write this post? Why? Why? Just tell `em that it's human nature.
I know you haters are going to respond to this comment. So here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to draw a line and anyone who signs below it thinks that Tito is better than Michael. Suckers!
---------------------------
Derek, you are the man.
Tito is so better than Michael....take that.
I'm confused, I thought Hannukah was the Festival of Lights.
For D.C.:
http://dc.about.com/od/christmasevents/a/FestLtsMormon.htm
It's beautiful Mandy!! I miss seeing the lights on Temple square in SLC!!!
I just love you Mandy! Have a great Christmas, I'll see you in January!
Post a Comment